CCBA pioneered the field of product liability protection in the United States, writing the first-ever such policy in this country in 1914. Today, it offers several P&C programs covering a wide array of services.
One of the initial reasons CCBA was formed was to provide low-cost insurance coverage to its Members. Over the decades we have expanded the lines of insurance coverage and services offered to specifically address the risks of privately-owned beverage distributors, whether Coca-Cola, water, beer, wine or spirits. Your company, its trucks, employees and customers cannot find more customized coverage than is available through CCBA. Our objective is to minimize participant risk while offering cost effective lines of coverage by specializing in the unique insurance offerings that needed most by beverage distributors.
CCBA’s unique advantages are built around insurance programs that utilize reputable and strong commercial insurance partners with our wholly owned subsidiary, Georgia Atlantic Insurance Ltd. (GAIL), a Bermuda corporation. Members receive policies that are written on triple A rated insurance company’s paper with very competitive premiums. GAIL works with our insurance partners to reinsure a large portion of the risk which stabilizes premiums and keeps them constant over time in a changing insurance environment.
CCBA’s comprehensive Property & Casualty insurance program offers the primary lines of insurance commonly needed by Coca-Cola bottlers and other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverage distributors. Policy offerings include:
- Products Liability
- General Liability
- Worker’s Comp
- Auto Liability and Physical Damage
Each of these insurance programs feature flexible deductible and retention levels along with comprehensive terms and conditions. Coverage is available at various levels of deductibles depending on participants’ needs. With the help of the Captive and its proven loss control programs, participating companies can benefit even more financially by retaining profits that normally would flow to the insurance companies.
- Program goal is to provide a cost-efficient, stable means for managing beverage distributor risks through an outstanding insurance program year after year.
- Coverage through Discover Property & Casualty Insurance Company (a Travelers Company) reinsured by Georgia-Atlantic Insurance Limited (GAIL), a CCBA wholly-owned single parent Captive that requires no capital investment by the participating Company.
- Program administration handled by CCBA’s consultant Marsh, the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
- Limited Product Recall and Tampering coverage included
- Liquor Liability included when appropriate
Benefits of the Property & Casualty Program to Beverage Distributors:
- Flexible program structures – Guaranteed Cost or large Deductible Programs available.
- Access to Risk Management Forum and the Loss Control forum, both sponsored by CCBA.
- Access to a team of well experienced loss control experts to help build programs to reduce your losses which drives lower premiums.
- Best-practice claims handling by CCBA’s designated claims unit, Broadspire, a subsidiary of Crawford and Company and expert in its field.
- All claims and litigation oversight – particularly large claims advocacy – managed by CCBA’s General Counsel and CCBA’s network of professional partners.
Program features and benefits are generally available to beverage (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) distributors as well as CCBA Members and Associate Members. Get more information.